Friday, November 16, 2012

In other news...

Our house being broken into last Sunday has completely consumed us for the past 5 days so Im ready to talk about something else.  Let's start with The Gym.  It's been a full 7 days since I started back and I must say I've been kicking some major ass!  I only missed Sunday (for obvious reasons) and Monday- just too tired from lack of sleep.  So I was back at it on Tuesday, ahem,  twice.  Yep, I went in the morning and in the afternoon. Hey when Im feeling it, Im feeling it!  My routine has been warming up on the treadmill then doing 3-4 miles on the elliptical.  Then I do some arm weights.  These jiggly grandma arms have got to go yo. Tomorrow Im going to do a step class in the morning, I haven't done any of the classes yet so I know I need to before I get burnt out on my routine.

So all is great there, I've also started keeping track of my calories and exercise on the Lose it! app.  Now I just have to keep going and not expect huge results, because I never get huge results.  That's just the way my body works, I've never lost weight quickly.  That's probably why I always quit.  I must say though, this time around Im trying to put in an extra effort, like doing 4 miles instead of 3 and staying longer.  Hoping I actually see some results so I will be motivated to keep going.  So that's the story with the gym.

Savannah has been good, she had a doctors appointment on Monday, her 18 month check up.


She did great, even with a HOUR of waiting! Everyone was very surprised to hear she was only 18 (almost 19) months old, because she's so tall.  But she's still a skinny little girl at only 21.5 lbs.  The doctor said her 8 mth old son is already 23 lbs- holy big baby.  So she then got 2 shots, ugh... hate that for her, but honestly the crying only lasts a matter of seconds and she's over it.


See...all it takes is drinking out of mommy's cup to make her happy. You know, even water tastes better out of mommy's cup ;)

We've done a lot of shopping this week, partly trying to stay out of the house and partly because I've been searching for a pair of tennis shoes for Savannah.  Let me tell you, it has not been easy. When I have an idea of what Im looking for and can't find it, I'll keep looking until I do.  Lets see, I went to a total of 7 different stores (ok maybe 8) throughout the week, no one has a good selection of toddler tennis shoes. The Nike outlet I went to yesterday had ONE pair of toddler Nikes to choose from, and they were black.  Uh No.  So anyway, I finally found just what I wanted and of course they didn't have her size so I had to order them.  Seriously?


This is when we were at Belk a few days ago, I decided to let her walk free from the stroller, not very smart.  She found these duckies and didn't want to leave, or move or listen to me.  That was fun.

So what else? Between the gym, trying to stay busy outside of the house and working at night that pretty much wraps up my week.

Oh! The house went up for sale on Wednesday and we got a call from the realtor yesterday that someone has already made an offer.  Say what??!! Must be an investor of some sort because he didn't even want to walk the house.  Nothing is 100% yet, we still have to wait for the banks approval.  Did I mention we were doing a Short Sale? Yes, best and only option for us.  So I will keep you posted on that.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: