Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A Very Happy Tuesday Thanksgiving

So yes, we had our Thanksgiving yesterday. On a Tuesday. A little different but I have to work all day on Thursday and so does Shane's brother so it just works out better if we do it on a different day all together.  We'll celebrate with my parents on Saturday.  Ahhh, the joys of working in a restaurant.

I made the Turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies and chocolate banana cream pie.  Shane's mom brought the stuffing and mac n cheese.....it all was delish.  And since I didn't get any family pics, I'll share some pictures of the yummy goodness that I made....

 My chocolate banana cream pie.  I wanted to make something quick and easy and this pie was just that.  Now, I love to bake, many of Thanksgivings I've made homemade carrot cake
 but this year I just wasn't feeling it

 Topped with whipped cream


Complete with chocolate shavings and all....


And of course my homemade pumpkin pie....
My beautiful Turkey, it turned out great :)



So we had Shane's family over and it was very nice.  I love hosting the holidays but I can't wait to do it in a bigger home.  Next year for sure, we can have everyone over comfortably.....and I'll make homemade pie ;)

No comments: