Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sick Baby

Our sweet girl is finally starting to feel better.  She came down with a cold last week; she was severely congested and had an awful cough.  We did everything we could possibly do to help her but honestly Im not sure if any of it helped.  We bought the saline nose drops, the homeopathic cold tablets, vicks on her chest, and the vicks vaporizer.  After all that her cold is still lingering today.  I called the doctors last Thursday to see if I should bring her in....so I explained her symptoms and they said it didn't sound like an infection and was most likely the cold/flu thats been going around. They said to try all the things we were already trying and would probably just have to wait it out.  Besides being a little more fussy, her mood was still pretty good.  It's so hard as a parent seeing your baby sick, remember this is all new to us.   They are so helpless, she can't blow her nose or tell us what to do to make it better.  The hardest part for me was the fact that she couldn't sleep. She has always been such a great sleeper, sleeping 10-12 hours a night.  But hearing her just coughing and crying through the night was very difficult, but there wasn't much more I could do for her.

So thank god it seems that it is starting to pass.  I just can't believe I haven't caught the sickness that has taken over our household for the past month! Shane was sick right before Savannah got it..  I always get it!  Guess "they" knew I needed to be well to take care of my babies :)

Here are just some pictures from the past week....

Showing off her new jammies (I remember buying these thinking
"these are so long, it'll be forever before she fits into them"

So happy in the morning
At the fleamarket
Checking out the birdies
I can't keep a bow on her anymore so I just put it on, snapped a picture then she pulled it off.
 She sure does look cute though :)
We LOVE Target!
Playtime after shopping 
This is how she crawls
I had to show off her new Minnie jammies :)

No comments: