Friday, December 9, 2011

Here we go again....

Losing weight and getting healthy is and has always been a part of my life.  Well, for the past 10 years anyhow (wow, Im getting old) Having body issues is something that has just become a part of my "self". The only time I've been comfortable in my body was when I was pregnant which reminds me of this post (which is weird because this post was written almost exactly 1 year ago)

I've dealt with my weight in healthy, constructive ways at times and other times in distructive, even self sabotaging kind of ways.  I've never understood why.  I've always wondered if losing weight is such a huge thing for me, something that is on my mind constantly....why don't I just do it? Well, I don't know. Maybe I need therapy or something? Who knows, either way Im back at it.... again.

I joined another gym today, I've been a member at LA Fitness for a long time and it worked out for me since I had to drive by there on my home from work, BUT not only has my job changed but also my schedule.  So long to the days of a 9-5, M-F job and going to the gym after work.  Now.since Im working nights, my plan is to go in the morning.  There is a new gym that is about 5 minutes away, I checked it out on Wednesday, it's 10 bucks cheaper a month, and I actually really liked their child care center.  AND they actually have cameras in there and TV's screens throughout the gym so you can see your baby at any time.  Not only that- on the cardio machines there are 15" screens so you can either watch TV or the child center.
"mama's always watching"

  I was really impressed with that.  I was pretty nervous about just leaving her in there, I've never done that before.  It seems weird to me to hand off my precious little baby to a stranger but I thought to myself "this is good for both of us, so just do it"  Im doing something good for myself and she's getting to socialize.

I've always enjoyed working out, I know, weird.  But I really do.  I feel so good while Im doing it, I love being able to turn on my Ipod and just sweat my booty off.  So Im excited to be back at it again, my goal  is to work up to doing spin classes (again), I used to love those!

Wish me Luck!

No comments: