Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's that time of the week....

For more baby food adventures....

I was already half way through before I realized I hadn't taken any pictures, so here's what I got...

I usually put each food in it's own bowl after pureeing then mix together the way I want
here's my mixed fruit and yogurt  (in the 1st picture you can see I mixed the extra all together
then put in the freezer bag) but for the cup I decided to layer it - just because it looks so darn good!
you're suppose to use full fat yogurt for babies, but I've had the hardest time finding it in the
grocery store, this one has about half fat.  The organic kind I was using before had 0 fat, so I switched.
At around 8 months old you can start adding more texture to their food,  so I cooked some brown rice and adding it to the peas
this is the only picture I got of the squash I made ( i was off my game today) but I pureed it and added some to the peas and rice and also some to the carrots.


My next food adventure will be pureed spaghetti!


Thennnnn......  I figured it was time to give her toys a good cleaning.  I do this about every 2-3 weeks. Ok, maybe every 3-4 weeks.....
I've always had this weird phobia with hair. yes, I'm a weirdo.  It totally grosses me out.  It's something that I've really had to work on now that I have a baby who spends the majority of her day crawling on the floor.  I mean between 2 dogs that shed and my own hair seems to fall out just as much as theirs does, she always has it in her hands and Im sure it's on her toys.  So we just try to do our best at keeping everything clean. I posted before that we bought the Shark Vac then Steam which we use about 2-3 times a week plus we've started brushing the dogs a few times a week, both have really helped.


Anyway, here's how I clean her toys...
I start with dish soap and 1/4 cup of bleach

Then separate the small plush toys from the plastic
(oh and give the remote a quick wipe down, that ends up in her
mouth more than it should)

I let them soak for a little bit then give a quick scrub then rinse

Let air dry

No comments: