Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12/08/10 She's a Mover & a Shaker!

Our little girl has been very busy this week, I've been feeling her move every day! Monday night as I was laying in bed, I had my hand on my stomach and felt her kick...it was so neat. That was the first time Ive felt her on the outside.  Now if only her daddy could feel her........soon enough :) 

Just some thoughts I'd like to share......
I've always had body issues, issues with weight, constantly trying to lose weight and being self conscious of the way I look, which is a horrible and terribly draining way to live.  BUT I must say that Ive never been so comfortable with my body and the way that I look now that Im pregnant,  which is funny since Im gaining weight. Theres this new sense of "this is me" and "this is how I look", no sucking in, no trying to squeeze into pants that don't fit.  Im just completely....me. This body of mine that Ive hated for so long is growing a baby, actually growing a person inside myself.  How amazing is that?  For the first time in probably 10 years I walk around not feeling ashamed of my body but being proud of it and what it can do.  I just hope that this feeling will continue after my little girl arrives and I can instill in her that no matter what, she is beautiful.

And here I am, big baby belly and all

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would say that Savannah is a very lucky little girl.There will never be another time like this in your life take it slowly and enjoy every second. I think you look beautiful!
Phyllis

Shane said...

That means a lot, thank you Phyllis :) ~Candi