Sunday, April 17, 2011

Savannah's Here!

Savannah Summer Burnley arrived 4/16/11 at 2:26 am - 6.12 lbs and 20 3/4 long.

It was an extremely long and hard labor but she is here and she is beautiful, we love her so much!

She spent a half day in the NICU because they had to use a vacuum to help her out in the 26th hour of labor.  (Yes, I said 26th hour) Her poor little head was badly bruised so they are keeping a close eye on it.  She was moved to Progressive Care yesterday and we were hoping for her to be discharged to us today.  Unfortunately after her lab work came back, they are concerned that she may have some kind of infection, so they are keeping her tonight.  They are going to do more lab work tonight and we are praying that results come back negative for any infection and she will be able to come home with us tomorrow.  I don't think I would be able to leave her without her; the thought of it breaks my heart.

Shane and I have been going to see her every few hours for diaper changes, temperature checks and feedings.  She is doing great with all of that.  She is so sweet and precious and I can't even the describe the feeling of looking at that little person in your arms who you have been carrying around for 9 months, who you and the love of your life made together.  And when she looks back at you, well, lets just say my heart melts.

So I guess I can forgive her for almost killing me during delivery :)

Here are the pictures we've taken so far....(many, many, many more to come)

This was only picture I allowed during labor..lol

Welcome Savannah! Poor thing had a tough trip getting here

In the NICU



In Progressive Care

Mommy feeding her 4/17/11

Daddy Burping 4/17

Nothing like it

Just look at her perfect little face, Im in love.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful guys, just gorgeous!!! Congratulations!