Sunday, April 24, 2011

1 week Postpartum

It's a little strange not being pregnant anymore.  As uncomfortable as I was the last 2 months; I must say there is a part of me that misses it......in a way.  Its hard to explain, I love that she is finally here and home with us but being pregnant was such an incredible experience and so quickly it's just ...over.

I have a new found respect for my body and what it can do.  Going through the amazing experience of being pregnant then going through the labor and delivery (notice how I left out the word amazing? lol) and now adapting to not being pregnant anymore and all the changes in my body is well..amazing.  I gained a total of 35 lbs which actually isnt all that bad.  I wish I wasn't so hard on myself and my weight during my pregnancy.  I haven't weighed myself since giving birth but I will as soon as I can get to a scale.  Im very curious to see what I weigh now.  Im already thinking about getting back to some kind of workout routine, even if it is just daily walks.  I froze my gym membership at about 7 months, and  I will eventually unfreeze it but not now.  Im going to take it slow, enjoy my baby girl and try not to worry too much about getting the weight off.  If I keep eating the way Ive been eating (or should I say not eating?) then I shouldn't have any problem losing the weight.  Eating used to be a priority in my life, but not so much these past few days.


Ok, so this isnt the best side by side comparison but I had to work with what I had.

38 weeks
1 week postpartum

No comments: