Thursday, April 21, 2011

Savannah is Home!

After an extremely long day at the hospital yesterday, Savannah Summer was finally discharged around 8 pm.  She sure put us to the test last night but I think we're doing pretty good with all of it.  Our lives have already changed so much but we are enjoying every second.  Life is Savannah right now and that is perfectly fine with us!  Shane and I both got about 3 hours of sleep last night and between visitors, feedings, diaper changes, walking the dogs and two flower deliveries; have actually managed to squeeze in an hour nap today.

I think I have learned that no matter how prepared and organized you are nothing can prepare you for bringing home your first baby.  The house is slightly chaotic and there isn't a corner where there isn't something of Savannah's but again, thats ok.  I don't expect to get a routine or schedule down for at least a month.  The most important thing is that Savannah is home, she is healthy and beautiful and Shane and I couldn't be happier.

Exhausted, but so happy to be taking our little girl home.

First visit with Grandma Burnley


First visit from Laura and Anthony

Uh-oh, I think this means he likes her...

So tired

Thank you Aunt Brini, Uncle Devon and Cousin Maddie!

So Cute!

I believe this was the hat Maddie wore in her hospital picture

So precious


2 comments:

Monica said...

Candy she is so beautiful...glad she is home with mommy and daddy.

Shane said...

Thank you Monica! We're enjoying every second :) Hope all is well with you , XOXO

Canz