Friday, September 28, 2012

My Grandpa Traynor

My grandfather passed away last Monday, September 17th. In a way it was sudden and in a way it wasn't. Either way, it was hard, it was sad, and I hated seeing him go. My sister and I were very close to both of my grandparents growing up, we lived within minutes of each other in Michigan and spent a lot of time with them. I remember having so much fun at grandma's and grandpa's. They always lived on a lake and always had boats, jet skis and other fun things to do. We would spend so much time out on that lake, tubing, knee boarding, swimming. It was a blast! My grandparents also had a vacation home in Clearwater beach and we would take trips twice a year together. Also throughout the year we would all visit their home in Caseville "Up North" (in Michigan) as we would call it. I have a lot of memories with Grandpa growing up. He was a self made man who came from nothing and worked his tail off to get to a financially secure place in life. He achieved that plus some, Nothing short of a rags to riches story. This man lived life. Vacationing all around the world, he had a heart for sports, politics, and business. He was smart and could hold a conversation with anyone about anything. I'm extremely proud to call Bill Traynor my grandfather. 

Savannah and I flew to Michigan right after I got the news. It was important for me to be there, not only to say my goodbye to him but to be together as a family. There were 3 days of services which I know was tough on my family. Grandma was a trooper and held strong the whole way through, after 60 years together, that is no small feat. I was proud of her. My grandparents had 6 children (my mom being one of them), their oldest daughter Debbie passed away in 1987. So grandma had her 5 children there for support. The funeral was beautiful, emotional and amazing all wrapped into one. Nothing was missed. The Officiant, Dave, who is family, did an amazing job. I've never cried so much. Between the speeches, the surrounding of family and friends, some of his favorite songs being played in between, it was again, extremely emotional. 

I'm so happy that grandpa got to meet his great granddaughter Savannah. They visited during my pregnancy where we were able to spend an entire month together and we got to spend last Christmas together. But one moment in time I will never forget is when grandpa walked me down the aisle on December 5, 2009. I hope I made you proud Grandpa, I love you. 

In Memoriam of William F. Traynor
http://www.wintfuneralhome.com/sitemaker/sites/WINTSO1/obit.cgi?user=




No comments: