Monday, August 22, 2011

Time for Pea's!


The Baby Bullet is working out great! So far I've made sweet potatoes, rice cereal and pea's.  She seemed to enjoy the potato's and peas the most.  I can't believe how simple it is to make homemade baby food. And I must say it just feels right.  We don't grab a jar of food every time we eat- we cook our food.  So why should it be any different for her? PLUS, the cost savings is amazing! 
  • A bag of peas cost me about $1.50 
  • 3 cups of peas per bag  
  • 3 cups will make 12 - 2 oz servings
  • That's 12 servings for $1.50
  • Which is 18 cents per serving! Wowza!

 I believe 1 jar of organic baby food is about $1, give or take.  So I'm saving some serious moolah!  Right now Savannah is only eating about a tablespoon at each feeding, but eventually she'll be eating the full 2 oz.  Whether she eats more or less, I'm still saving a lot of money not to mention I know exactly what she's eating, cause Mama made it herself! :) 

Disclaimer:  I feel the need to say this-  I know that zillions of babies have eaten jarred baby food for zillions of years and they are just fine.  I completely get that, and have no problem with it. I say whatever works for you and your family is the way to go.  For now, this is what works for me and my family.  There, I feel better now. :)

No comments: