Monday, August 15, 2011

It's Solid Food Time!


So little miss will be 4 months old tomorrow, and I'm ready and raring to go with solid foods.  She has had such a problem with spitting up since she was born and I think that incorporating some solids will really help her keep it down.  I've known since she was born that I wanted to try to make my own homemade baby food, not only do I want her to have the healthiest foods possible but I know I'll really enjoy doing it (I think I was inspired by Diane Keaton in Baby Boom, love that movie).  Ive had my eye on the baby bullet since I saw the informercial when I was pregnant.  Then I found it at Kohls- paired with my 30% off coupon- it was just meant to be.  After all my reading I made my first batch this afternoon:

Savannah meets the spoon
 peel the sweet potato
cut into chunks
steam, about 20 minutes 
put in baby bullet, add water and puree the heck out of it 
puree, puree, puree
and.... wa-la, homemade, all natural baby food
put in adorable baby bullet cups,
use the date dial with todays date
put enough in fridge for 3 days and freeze the rest 
silicone freezer cups
 put in freezer
Thoughts:  The baby bullet worked really well and was super easy to use.  After steaming the potato, it only took me 10 minutes to puree and store it.  Of course since Im just introducing solids to her I only did one small sweet potato today. After 4 days I'll introduce another kind of food and see how she takes to that.  Eventually I will make multiple foods and prepare enough to feed her for a week.  Overall, I liked the baby bullet and can't wait to see if she likes the sweet potato.  Were going to try it tonight so Shane can be here for the momentous occasion :)

2 comments:

The Rice's said...

Man, you had every selling point in the post except it is pba free. Pba... Professional bowlers association. That many meals for the price of a sweet pot. That's a deal

Shane said...

I know, I think I deserve a paycheck for marketing their product so well! lol....I forgot to talk about how cheap it's going to be to feed her doing it this way. I'll throw it in the next post. That small potato was probably less than a $1, now thats a deal!