Friday, June 1, 2012

Mommy's 32nd Birthday

Yes, my 32nd came and went yesterday.  I got to spend it with my sweet baby girl, my hubby, friends and family.  Can't ask for much more than that.  Here's my day in iPhotos....

(here's last year's birthday post... just look at how little my baby girl is..  another-birthday-for-me)

 Happy Birthday Mommy! She's still the best birthday present ever.

Papa called and invited us out for a birthday breakfast,
 so I got Savannah all prettied up! 

 We had a yummy breakfast at Perkins

 We couldn't leave mema out, so we stopped by to visit her at work

 After Savannah's nap, we did a little shopping.  She loved trying on the sunglasses!

 After shopping, we went to the local Kia dealership,  It was "HugeFest", a concert of country singers and Styx performing live, and they were giving away $250,000 - $10, 000 to 25 people! Plus 2 or 3 car giveaways.  Shane and I, his parents and Tony & Laura had all put our names in the drawing.  My name was in 3 times for both the car and the money.  For some reason I had a good feeling about it.  Maybe because it was my birthday, not sure.  But I really thought I had a good chance, I mean 25 winners?!! 


Savannah was showing off her Peek-a-boo skills to Laura

Well, unfortunately no win for me or Shane or anyone we knew.  Insert sad face.  
We had an ok time.  I was worried about the heat but it ended up being completely over cast the entire time so that was great, but it was still pretty humid and there were SO many people there. Too many people and not enough space and not enough food and drink vendors to support that kind of crowd.  We honestly waited in line for 30 minutes for a soda.  Crazy.  Savannah did really well, except when she tripped and fell on the pavement.  Her face got a little scratched up but she was ok.  We left around 8:00 and she was pooped! They still had to do 10 more drawings but I knew it was already past her bedtime so we had to get our munchkin home.  It really worked out because we're so close to the dealership that we were able to hear them calling out the names from our back porch.  I figured if I heard my name, I could hop in the car and be there in a nano second to claim my moo-lah.  But again, that didn't happen.  We did get to enjoy the Styx concert that ended the show while we enjoyed a birthday beer together.  

All in all, a great birthday.  Oh, except Im another year older and not 10 grand richer.

No comments: