Thursday, September 15, 2011

Peaches Please

The only solid food Savannah has been eating for the past 3 weeks is the rice cereal so I wanted to get back to trying new foods.  I went with the peaches we had in the fridge.  I steamed them for about 10-15 minutes, pureed then mixed with rice cereal.   I make the rice with formula instead of water since she enjoys that taste so much.

Took me only 5 seconds to puree!  
I use store bought rice only because when I made it myself
the consistency was sticky and kinda funky
rice and peaches...yummy!
"um, what IS this mom??"
"are you trying to confuse me mommy?"

She sure made some funny faces while I was feeding her so I ended up adding even more rice cereal to it.  She ate about half of the little cup.  We'll try again with her afternoon feeding.

A little tid bit from wholesomebabyfood.com (great website)

The Goodness of Peaches & Nectarines for Your Baby

Peaches are high in Vitamin C and Vitamin A and they contain a great amount of fiber. Peaches are known to have a diuretic affect and also are a natural laxative. Along with Prunes/Plums, the Peach is a great fruit to give to your baby if constipation has become a problem.



No comments: