Saturday, February 23, 2013

SkinnyCandi: The Plan

Yep, twenty two, that's how many lovely pounds Ive shed so far.  Three weeks ago I started weighing in every Friday so this morning when I faced the scale I was hoping to have lost 2 lbs to reach my first 20 lb goal, and to my surprise I lost 4 whole lbs!! Things are definitely going in the right direction, Ive lost 22 lbs in just a little over 3 months, I'm under my lowest weight in 10 years and I only have 28 left to go! I never thought I would say only 28 lbs to go.  Before, 28 lbs would seem completely unattainable but now?  I know I can do this, and hell, maybe even go further.  But Im still it taking pound by pound, and day by day.

How am I feeling you ask? Freakin' amazing!! Im feel more confident, I have more energy, I feel happier and honestly I just feel great. Im doing the right thing for myself, something I've always known I should be doing but just never did.  I feel in control of myself and my life and Im loving it.

The plan-  I've talked about my workout plan in past SkinnyCandi posts but what the hell, it's the biggest reason why Im losing weight, so I'll talk about it some more.  I work out Monday through Friday and if I happen to miss a day, I always make it up on Saturday.  5 days a week, no exceptions.  Throughout the week, I do a mix of spin, step and cardio classes (which I love) and treadmill- walking/running and elliptical.  Lastly, I do weights about 3 times a week.  I mostly do arm weights.

Diet- Well, that's where it's not so cut and dry with me.  I do keep track of what I eat on an app called Lose it! But my diet itself is kind of all over the place.  I've cut out fast food which was a big problem for me in the past.  And I do try to eat healthy but some days I won't eat any fruit or some days maybe I wont have any veggies.  Some days I'll miss breakfast all together or maybe dinner (because of my work schedule, I tend to miss a real dinner quite often) I know what I need to do to fix this, is plan ahead! I'll get there.

Extras- I take a daily multi-vitamin - Vitafusion Gummies

Vitafusion MultiVites Gummy Vitamins for Adults Dietary Supplement Berry, Peach & Orange Flavors 150 Each [027917019192]

I drink EAS Carb Control protein shakes (strawberry) a few times a week, as a breakfast meal replacement.  Before working out. They are DE-Lish! Full of vitamins and protein,  low carb and calories.  I love em'

Chocolate Fudge Ready to Drink

I started drinking Green Tea daily about 2 weeks ago, there are many health and weight loss benefits.
Regular old green tea isn't too tasty so I bought Lipton Green Tea Superfruit.  The fruitiness give's it a good flavor and I personally don't need to add sugar but you absolutely could if needed.Red Goji and Raspberry Green Tea Superfruit

Lastly, 3 weeks ago I was very interested in trying a weight loss supplement.  I went to Vitamin world in the mall and spoke with the lady there.  I wasn't looking for some magic pill to make me lose weight, I wanted something that would work well with someone who is working out so much, I needed something to give me a "boost".  She highly recommended L-Carnatine.  L-carnitine is a lysine derivative. Almost all cells in the body contain l-carnitine. This nutrient, produced by the kidneys and liver and stored in the heart, sperm, muscles and brain, helps turn fat into energy.


In taking this for 3 weeks, I have lost 7 lbs.  Maybe this has contributed to that loss and maybe it
hasn't. Before taking it I hadn't lost weight in 2-3 weeks, and had been working out the same.  So not sure, I've only read positive things about so I'm going to continue taking it.  I know it has definitely curved my appetite.  




So there you have it, SkinnyCandi is in full effect people :)

No comments: