Monday, February 18, 2013

Catching up....

So let's see, what's been going on this week?

First, a SkinnyCandi update~ Still doing great! Im so so close to losing my first 20 lbs, just 2 more and Im there! Hoping to reach that goal this week. Please if there is a god, just let me have a 2 lb loss this week ;) I have worked my butt off to lose these first 18 lbs, there has been nothing easy about it and I just keep telling myself, you're going all the way this time...don't give up! I still have a ways to go because after the first 20 lbs is another 30 that I'd like to lose.  Ugh.  I try not to look at it like that though.  I'm honestly just taking it pound by pound and trying to remember how great I feel.  That's so important.  So all is great in the SkinnyCandi department, and I plan on posting a pic once I reach my first 20 lb goal. :)


Next up, Savannah got her first tri-cycle! A friend was getting rid of her son's bike since he had moved up to a "big boy bike" for finishing his potty training. So we got it for amazing deal considering it's in great condition. She's loving it, and this bike is awesome because it has a handle attachment (not shown here) so we can push her and help steer without breaking our backs, it really helps her learn how to pedal too.



Onto Savannah's 2nd Valentines day~



What a difference 1 year makes right?! It really blows my mind when I think about how much she has changed since the day we brought her home, even on a day to day basis! She's like a sponge, learning new things every day.

Since I had to work on Valentines day (night), I made Shane a (delicious) pot roast dinner, scalloped potatoes, cornbread and oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, lucky guy huh? 


Last update? Potty training. Let the fun begin.  Our approach is just to take it slow with her and not to push or force the issue.  She's not even two yet, so we have plenty of time, plus I know this isnt something that happens over night.  They go at their own pace and if they are not ready you are just making it harder on both of you.  So I bought the potty seat that goes over the real toilet seat.  And about a month ago we just started setting it up for her with the stool so she could get on.  At first, she didn't want anything to do with it.  We would just set her on it with a little positive reinforcement. Slowly but surely she started to show an interest and before we knew it she was getting on by herself with excitement.


Oh and doing her own hair might I add.  

So now we just have to work on getting her to actually tell us when she has to go so we can get her to the potty.  We'll get there.  


No comments: