Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mama's Getting Back in Shape!

So Ive been putting it off for over a month now but FINALLY got back to the gym yesterday.  I had lost some weight leading up to my wedding in December of 09' where I actually reached my lowest weight in ...well...a long time. I kept it off and kept up with my workouts until I was 5-6 months pregnant.  I  decided that working all day and being pregnant was enough for me so I froze my gym account.  A few weeks after Savannah was born I was down 23 lbs (YAY!) I was so excited since I had only gained 35 total.  I thought, "what a great jump start to my weight loss" but I have kind of given into this stay at home mom lifestyle of not working out and not eating all that healthy (not that all SAHM are like that or anything).  So my weight has started to creep back in the wrong direction.  I haven't been back on the scale since mothers day but the way my clothes are fitting is a clear indication that I need to get my butt back in the gym.  And that's what I did.  Yesterday.  One work out down and only a lifetime of them left to go.

 I was going back and forth with whether I wanted to blog about my getting back into shape or not.  I kept thinking that if I fail (yet again) then everyone will know about it.  But I finally decided that maybe that will be more motivation to follow through. The hardest part for me is that even when I was doing everything right, the weight came off so incredibly slow. So I have to learn to be patient with it and just keep going.

This time around things are a little different.  I have an entirely new inspiration, which is our beautiful daughter.  So instead of putting a picture of myself when I was thin up on the mirror, I'll be putting a picture of Savannah.  She is reason enough to put forth the effort and hard work to be a healthy, fit, and functional mom who can keep up with a very active little girl.  And that is just the kind of mom I want to be.

So there it is, Mama's on a mission to get back into shape!!

Preview Image


No comments: