Friday, July 29, 2011

I HEART the Duggar's!

Yep, that's right! I love the Duggar's and I'm not afraid to say it! I'm sure most of you know who the Duggar Family is but for those who do not, let me fill you in.  They are the family from Arkansas with 19 kids (and counting) hence the name of their TLC reality show "19 Kids and Counting". They are very religious, conservative and modest. Early on Michelle (the mom)  found out she had miscarried because she actually got pregnant while being on birth control. Since then they vowed that it was god's will to determine how many children they had.  And boy was God willing to give, give and give some more!

Anyway, since I am home during the day now with Savannah I tend to watch a little more TV.  They play re-runs of their show at 7 & 7:30 which is always the time I feed Savannah her morning bottle (like clockwork).  I have become so incredibly inspired by this family.  I think it is so easy to say "this family must be crazy to have so many kids", or "they must be freaks", "be in a cult", etc.  Believe me, those thoughts went through my head when I heard of them years ago.  But that is a very ignorant way of thinking.  I have never seen a more respectful, kind, giving and loving family.  They truly amaze me.
Now, just so you know I am not a religious person. The church was not a part of my upbringing.  My parents were extremely young when they had my sister and I and I just don't believe that it was something that was important to them at the time.  So I want to be clear that this isn't about religion.  This is about me loving the Duggars! :)  So back to that.  With all the horrible, nasty degrading tv shows out there... ie. The Bad Girls Club, Teen Mom, Toddlers and Tiaras (I mean hello, Dept. of Children & Families)  The list goes on and on of disgusting people willing to go on television in pursuit of celebrity but all the while humiliating themselves, their families and our country.

The Duggars are actually a breath of fresh air.  It's great to see a group of such well behaved respectful kids.  They are raised to have a "serving heart", to be kind and not only be respectful to others but most importantly of themselves.   These are parents who shouldn't be condemned for having so many children but rather commended for giving the world 19 great kids, who will grow to be honest, contributing members of society. And let's be honest, we could use a few more of those.  Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Something has changed in me now that I'm a mom.  I want so many things for Savannah.  I want her to be happy and healthy but I also want her to be a good person.  I don't like the kind of teenager I was, I did things and acted in ways I'm not proud of.  And I feel I never had much respect for myself.  I want that to be different for her.  And watching a family like the Duggars gives me hope and inspires me every day that I (we) can be great parents and raise a great daughter.

Thank you Duggar's!

8 comments:

The Rice's said...

I feel sorry for the mother. That is a lot for the body to go through. wow.

Unknown said...

Kinda missed the point but that's ok

Lisa Mason said...

I LOVE this post!! I agree 100%...and you KNOW I am not religious at all either, but they have excellent values and morals... and what more could you ask for. Well put!!

Unknown said...

So glad you liked it, it means so much more to me when I know someone is actually reading (and enjoying) the things I write. Thanks Lisa!

Lisa said...

Absolutely!! I signed up to your blog last night! lol I have no idea how to do things on here, but I will get there... lol... Loves you!!

Shane said...

I barely know how to do things on here! xoxo

Shane said...

Shane is meeee (candi)

Lisa said...

LOL!! You always get me confused when you log on as him!! Ha!!