Friday, January 25, 2013

SkinnyCandi - Going Strong

My SkinnyCandi plan is still is full effect! I must say, I feel great! (Except for having a tooth pulled today) I'm still going to the gym Monday through Friday, no exceptions. And I've decided the best thing for me to do is "Mix it Up".  I cannot do the same workout everyday, I'd never stick with it. So I do Step class every Monday, Spin on Wednesdays and Blast class on Thursdays.  On the other days I'll do the machines.  Plus I'll always get in a little extra cardio or weights before and after class.  Can you believe all that?  Because, honestly...I can't.  Who is this new girl? Never have I been this consistent.  Never has it come so easy for me.  Never have I felt so damn good! Sure, I have my days where I'd rather stay home in the morning, but really I know it's not even an option.  I fear missing a day, because in the past when I would miss "a day" that would always turn into two days then three and before you know it, it's been a month and the gym is a distant memory.

I refuse to let that happen again.  I also refuse to let small setbacks force me to give up.  Setbacks such as getting sick, showing a gain on scale (ugh, that's a biggy), no loss at all, or eating bad.  All of those things have been an excuse to quit in the past.  I'm not letting it happen now.  I have pushed through all of it in the past 2 1/2 months (jeesh, seems like it's been much longer since started) and I just feel great about it.

Now as far as actual weight loss goes, I am losing but I really am trying to stay away from the scale.  When I weighed in after Christmas and New Years I gained 4 lbs.  I was so upset about it.  Sure I was slightly off my routine and ate things I wasn't normally eating but for the most part I still stuck to the program so a 4 lb gain was very disappointing.  I had to work my butt off the next 3 weeks just to get those 4 lbs off, again.  That really ticks me off.  I don't want to have to lose the same weight twice! So the last I checked I was down 16 lbs.  But I have a feeling I've lost more, strictly going by my clothes.  Every thing is loose.  I've already had to go down a size in my work pants.. ahem.. last season's "skinny" work pants might I add.  Meaning, I only wore them on days when I could squeeze my big butt into them. And now they are just too big and baggy.  I must say that is a damn good feeling.

My next challenge that Im so looking forward to? losing the next 8 lbs! No, I won't be at my goal weight, but I will be under my "wedding day weight", which was the smallest I'd been in years. Im so ready for that!

So that about wraps up my update on SkinnyCandi.

I need to have the hubby take a current full body pic so I can do a side by side, maybe we'll do that tomorrow and I can share it with you.  For now I only have this one ... I already posted it on Facebook. But I like it.  I can see the happiness in my face... and hey, how about my new do?? I'm loving it!


No comments: