Sunday, March 11, 2012

Precious Little Ears

Savannah got her ears pierced yesterday! I was thinking of doing it around Christmas but chickened out.  I kept going back and forth with it.  I've always thought that little girls look absolutely adorable with their ears pierced, however the thought of putting her through intentional pain was weighing heavily.  I kept thinking, wow those little ears would sure look purty with some earrings but then immediately I would go to this picture in mind of her screaming her head off and every person in the mall looking at me like Im. the. worst. mother. in. the. world. So I waited.  Then I started to think about talking to one of the girls at the  "ear piercing place" and just getting some info.  How painful is it? How have other babies her age handled it? and so on....  I know when I had mine done, it was just a pinch.  We can all handle a pinch of course. But this is my precious little girl and her precious little ears were talking about people.  She explained the worst part for her would be the noise of the "gun" (they really should consider coming up with a less terrifying name, just saying).  So we decided to just do it.  It took a total of oh about 30 seconds and she cried for probably an equal amount of time.  Me? I only cried a little longer more than that.  Just kidding.

So, she survived and so did Shane and I.  No one stared or picketed the Piercing Pagoda.  Who woulda thought?  And just as we knew she would, she looks absolutely adorable, and her precious little ears have become just a wee bit more precious.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Candi,

Was searching for a GF's blog and came across your interesting one. Began reading and had to stop and leave a positive comment for you.

I think you’re a smart and thoughtful mommy for getting your dd’s her ears pierced as an infant. She will thank you later for the “gift of pierced ears.” Like you, I wanted it done, but couldn't decide.

Our Ped encouraged me to go ahead and she gave me some ” Tips for moms having their dd’s ears pierced and ” Care for Newly Pierced Ears” since she had so many moms ask about having their infants and little girls ears pierced.

I know cerebrally, as mothers of girls of all ages, we know it celebrates their femaleness and femininity. After all, they are little girls,right?

If any other moms would like any of our ped’s tips for piercing, or "Care for Newly Pierced Ears," then don’t hesitate to write me an e-mail. They include OTC meds to minimize any discomfort as well as how to find the most experienced person to pierce her ears.

Angie

Angietune@hotmail.comc

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Rice's said...

Yeah that must have been a little hard to watch. I bet the anticipation of possible pain was even worse.
Looks good.

Candi said...

Thanks Angie! I appreciate your comment. And thanks for reading :)

and yes, Tony it was hard but it all happened so quick, she cried then it was over, gave her a bottle and that was that. I still don't even think she knows they are there.