Sunday, July 15, 2012

Sippy Cup?

I've started working on weaning Savannah off the bottle, my motto is the earlier the better.  The longer she is on it the more attached she will become and the harder for me to get her off of it.  My plan is to be consistent and persistent but not pushy.  I don't want to force her to drink out of it because then it turns into a bad experience.  Now, she has been drinking juice and water out of sippy cups since she was 6 months old, but not milk.  So since last Monday I started putting her morning milk in a sippy cup instead of the bottle (it's fitted with a nipple to help things along) And every morning she tells me "No, No" when I try to give it to her.  I usually try 3-4 more times, and she'll take a couple sips but that's about it.  Then I let it sit there for a little bit to see if she'll go for it on her own, she hasn't yet.  When she's not paying much attention I switch it to the bottle. I don't want to switch when she's upset or fussing about it because then she'll do that every time to get her way.

I'm not giving up, Im going to continue and eventually she will give in.



So here we were one morning last week, as you can see the sippy cup is sitting there in plain view and she wants nothing to do with it.  
she's smiling because she's watching her absolute favorite nursery rhymes DVD.

No comments: