Thursday, July 19, 2012

Holy Toledo it worked!!

It took 9 days but she did it! She drank 3/4 of her milk out of her sippy cup this morning! I can't tell you how excited I was, it was awesome.  I switched up my plan all together and it freakin' worked.  Are you feeling the excitement? As you may have read in my Sippy Cup? post below I was taking a very delicate approach.  I have been extremely easy going with it and did not want to force it on her.  So this morning when she gave me the oh so adorable but grating on my nerves "No, No" I thought to myself every morning for the past 9 days she has told me No, No and eventually I just go and switch the milk to her bottle, she's going to continue to do this because she knows she is going to get what she wants.  Sooooooo when she said No No, I said YES (in my firm mommy voice) Picked her up, put her on my lap and put the sippy cup in her mouth.  She drank almost the entire thing without hesitation. Awesome!  I know that's not the end of it but at least it's a start.

(as Im typing this Shane is trying to give her her nighttime milk in the sippy for the 1st time, she's not very happy about it)


 Yay!!

Good Job Savannah!

No comments: