Wednesday, July 11, 2012

1st Family Trip!

We'll be leaving for Clearwater Beach in 10 days!! I can't tell you how excited we are!! My mom mentioned that we should do a beach trip a couple of months ago and I was all for it!! (yes all the exclamation points are necessary) We haven't been anywhere since our honeymoon; I guess being pregnant and having a baby kinda puts a damper on those fly by the seat of your pants trips huh? Shane and I used to love taking short trips to Tampa, Orlando, we even went to Naples for a birthday weekend. We're the kind of people who love preparing for a trip, packing, staying in nice hotels, drinking at the lobby bar and meeting people from all over the world. We always have had such a great time, so I'm super excited to be taking our first family trip with Savannah and my mom! Growing up in Michigan my grandparents owned a vacation condo in Clearwater Beach and we would come down every year. Those were the best trips ever and my favorite childhood memories. We would all load up in my grandfathers huge blue van and make our way through, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and finally the long state of Georgia (that one was torture) then into beautiful sunny florida. Oh, it was the best. We vacationed there even after my family moved to Florida in 91'. But in 95' or 96' they sold their place in Clearwater and bought a home in Tierra Verde, a quiet little island off of St. Pete Beach. So needless to say I haven't been back to Clearwater in (eek) 16-17 years?! Holy moly, I'm getting old. There are so many wonderful memories there and I can't wait to go back with my hubby and little girl and make some new ones. 10 days and counting!!

No comments: